Coin Collection for Hurricane Sandy
- Raise money to help children and families affected by Hurricane Sandy and to help first responders with their efforts.
Here's what you need:
- Containers, cans, milk cartons for coin collection
- Decide how you will collect the coins: at home, at school or through containers placed at local stores in town.
- Decide the agency you will donate to. You might choose one of these relief efforts.
- If you decide to place containers in school classrooms, you should make a brief presentation about the project when you drop off the container. Include the latest facts about the disasters, a sentence or two about the agency receiving your funds.
- Make flyers, posters and decorate the containers so people will understand who you are collecting for. List all information: why your family is collecting, where the containers will be located and the dates you will be collecting the change.
- Collect the change, count it, roll it up for the bank or take it to a store that has a change machine.
- Take pictures of the project then submit your story with photos to a local newspaper!
Share your Hurricane Sandy service stories here.