generationOn Service Clubs
What are generationOn Service Clubs?
GenerationOn Service Clubs are a great way to have fun, get involved in your community and make your mark on the world!
GenerationOn Service Clubs are led by middle and high school youth with support from an adult advisor. You can start a club with friends, at your school, at community or faith-based organizations, or at HandsOn Action Centers.
GenerationOn Clubs provide members with the opportunity to build life and leadership skills and to implement meaningful hands-on service projects, locally, nationally and globally.
Why start a generationOn Service Club?
Starting or joining a generationOn Service Club can help you take action!
You can have fun with your friends while you make a difference in your community. You’ll also have the opportunity to build important skills, explore career possibilities and strengthen your college application.
Plus, starting a generationOn Service Club is free and easy, and gets you access to TONS of great resources!
Membership gains you access to...
- LOTS of great project ideas and background information on issues!
- Helpful tips on getting started and going strong in our Club Handbook and Toolkit
- A monthly e-newsletter with exclusive information and content
- Eligibility to apply for mini-grants and prizes through generationOn Clubs Contests
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with other generationOn Clubs and generationOn Kids Care Clubs
- The ability to track your club's service activity over time and to share your success stories online
- Eligibility for recognition and awards, such as Club of the Month
- Access to local volunteer opportunities through our HandsOn Network
- Highlighted projects for special moments of service and emergency alerts when disasters strike
- Access to generationOn technical assistance and support
What do generationOn Service Clubs do?
GenerationOn Service Clubs allow you to develop leadership skills while working towards improving your local and global communities. Members work together to choose meaningful and interesting projects to carry out and then document the projects’ impact and share their success stories through the generationOn website.
GenerationOn Service Clubs must complete at least two service projects and one survey per academic year in order to maintain their membership status. Clubs report on their service activity and are recognized for their hard work.
How do I start a club?
GenerationOn Service Clubs can be started either by youth participants (over 13 years old) or by adult advisors. Registration is free and super easy! Click here to register a generationOn Service Club today!
Looking to start a club for elementary-age children?
Check out the Kids Care Clubs program!