Clean it up!
Imagine you had to pick up trash or litter whenever you saw it… the short distance between your parked car and any store you visit could involve stopping several times! Wouldn’t that make you think twice before dropping a candy wrapper on the ground?
Take a walk with your family and help keep our environment clean!
Here's what you need:
- Plastic gloves and a trash bag for each member of your family.
- A location that needs to be cleaned up.
Here’s what you’re doing:
Taking a walk and picking up trash and litter that you see on your way.
- Drive around your community and find a place in need of clean up. You may want to focus on free public areas such as parks, hiking trails, beaches, etc.
- Choose your location, take your family and start cleaning. You can try to make this a regular event and possibly choose different locations.
- Hopefully others will see you and be inspired to keep our environment clean.
What types of things do people tend to litter?
How do you think this impacted the community or area that you cleaned up?
Would you like to choose another spot to clean up? Would you like to invite friends to come along?
75% of Americans admit to littering within the last 5 years and most common litter offenders are men between 18-34 years of age!
- By participating in this project I take responsibility for its planning and execution, as well as the safety and supervision of young children.