Bingo fun for seniors!
Senior centers are often looking for activities for their guests to participate in. Your family can visit a nursing home, assisted living facility or senior center and make the visit special by organizing a fun game that is enjoyable for all!
Create a fun activity for local seniors!
Here's what you need:
- Location of your nursing home, senior center or assisted living facility
- Bingo game
- Pens and paper
- Tissue paper or ribbon
- Radio, CD, CD Player, MP3, computer or iPod
Here’s what you’re doing:
Your family will organize a fun Bingo event for seniors at your local senior center.
- Contact a local senior center and ask if you can schedule a visit with your family to play Bingo with the residents.
- Plan a Bingo fun event for the seniors. Plan to bring a Bingo game and lots of fun prizes!
- Use your imagination to make the prizes with your family! Prizes can be necklaces, yummy treats, homemade books with big pictures, prize ribbons, holiday items, small decorated flower pots… anything you think a senior would enjoy!
- Wrap the gifts in colorful wrapping or tissue paper. Make sure everyone gets something at the end of the event, even those who don’t win the game.
- Turn on some music and encourage seniors to clap along or stretch in place.
How did your feelings about senior citizens change?
What was your favorite part of this volunteer experience?
How do you think the seniors felt about your visit?
5 million seniors age 65 and older still hold jobs. While some seniors just love to work, many have to work to support themselves and lower their health care costs.
- By participating in this project I take responsibility for its planning and execution, as well as the safety and supervision of young children.