Coin Collection for Hurricane Sandy
- Raise money to help children and families affected by Hurricane Sandy and to help first responders with their efforts.
Here's what you need:
- Containers, cans, milk cartons for coin collection
- Decide how your family will collect the coins: at home, at school or through containers placed at local stores in town.
- Decide the agency you will donate to. You might choose the one of these relief efforts. Before you choose an agency or organization, research where the money goes and what percentage goes to on the ground efforts.
- If you decide to place containers in school classrooms, members of your club should make a brief presentation about the project when they drop off the container. Include the latest facts about the disasters, a sentence or two about the country and a sentence or two about the agency receiving your funds.
- Make flyers, posters and decorate the containers so people will understand who you are collecting for. List all information: why your family is collecting, where the containers will be located and the dates you will be collecting the change.
- Collect the change, count it, roll it up for the bank or take it to a store that has a change machine.
- Take pictures of your family working on the project then submit your story with photos to a local newspaper!
Share your Hurricane Sandy service stories here.