Coin Drive for the Sandy Hook School Support Fund
- Raise money to help children and families affected by the tragedy at the Sandy Hook School in Newtown, CT. An official fund for victims' families, and the community as a whole, has now been established: The Sandy Hook School Support Fund, set up by the United Way of Western Connecticut will provide support services to families and the community. All donations to this fund will go directly to those affected.
Here's what you need:
- Containers, cans, milk cartons for coin collection
- Decide how you will collect the coins: at home, at school or through containers placed at local stores in town.
- If you decide to place containers in school classrooms, you should make a brief presentation about the project when you drop off the container. Make sure the teachers know where the money will be going and who the organization supports.
- Make flyers, posters and decorate the containers so people will understand who you are collecting for. List all information: why your family is collecting, where the containers will be located and the dates you will be collecting the change.
- Collect the change, count it, roll it up for the bank or take it to a store that has a change machine.
- Thank everyone involved and let them know how much money you raised collectively.
You can send your donation to The Sandy Hook School Support Fund.
Go to https://newtown.uwwesternct.org/ for more information. The United Way of Western Connecticut is an affiliate of HandsOn Network also related to generationOn’s parent organization, Points of Light.