Family Volunteering Resources
Get your family together to make memories and make a difference!
Choose an issue area:
By clicking on an issue area above, you'll get--Resources!
GenerationOn is with you every step of the way, helping to make your family's day of service as meaningful as possible with:
Issues Education: information about social issues in kid friendly, fact-sheet form
Compassion Education Stories: read-aloud stories to help young people understand and relate to social issues
Book Talk: interviews with the authors of our recommended children 's books to help families discuss and feel connected to social issues
New Project Ideas: for families, organized by issue area and complete with reflection activities
More Articles: for parents written by professionals and researchers in the field of positive youth development and youth civic engagement
Volunteering as a family:
- teaches children the values of kindness, empathy and giving back;
- empowers children to become leaders of change in their communities;
- showcases and hones the talents of family members as they work on issues they feel passionate about;
- builds problem solving skills and strengthens communication within the whole family;
- provides a fun way for families to make memories together while making significant contributions to their communities.