Apply for a STEM grant with support from Verizon by February 27th!
generationOn is pleased to announce a new round of grant funding, made possible with the generous support of Verizon. Applications open on February 6th and close on the 27th.
Grants will support the completion of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related service projects by youth ages 5-18.
There's lots of great ways to combine STEM and service, here are just a few examples to get you thinking!
- For example, the STEM NYC Kids Care Club in New York learned about circuits, put their knowledge into action making lighted holidays cards before donating them to children in a local hospital!
- In Brooklyn, a group of teens learned about the science behind hydroponic gardens, built their own, and donated them to local seniors.
- In Indiana, youth at the Twin Lakes High School studied chain reactions and cause and effect using the Rube Goldberg machine and then set about creating their own chain reactions by writing and distributing kindness cards with a message to the recipient to pass it on!
- Applicants must be older than 13.
- Teens can apply on behalf of themselves/their peers and educators, youth development professionals or parents can apply on behalf of a group of youth ages 5-18.
- Applicants must reside within the 50 United States
- Selected grantees must plan and complete a STEM related service project from March 27--May 12
- Selected grantees will be required to attend a webinar
- Selected grantees will be required to report on their service project by May 26
- Selected grantees will be required to reference generationOn and Verizon as the grant sponsors
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive