Family Volunteer Day Grant Applications Are Open!
Description of grant: With generous support from Disney Friends for Change, generationOn is excited to offer 100 grants to support volunteer projects on Family Volunteer Day, November 19th, 2016. Non-profits, schools and generationOn Clubs within the U.S. can apply to receive $250, $500 or $1000 in grant funds. Applications will be open from July 5th-August 5th. Apply below now!
Description of Day of Service: Family Volunteer Day is a day of service that celebrates the power of families who work together to support their communities and neighborhoods. Volunteering is a great way for kids and adults to make new friends, develop compassion for their neighbors, and even pick up a new skill or two! It's an amazing day - don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Learn more: You can learn more about Family Volunteer Day and how to activate families in service by reading this blog on last year's participants! Read more here.
Not sure if you qualify?
- Apply on behalf of a 501(c)(3) organization. Most schools and nonprofits are 501(c)3 registered. If you are a generationOn Club, please find a partner nonprofit that will be willing to accept the funds on your behalf.
- Activate at anywhere from 25-100 people, depending on the size of the grant award amount, on Family Volunteer Day, November 19th, 2016. All projects must occur on November 19th. generationOn will consider projects that can't be held on Saturdays due to religious or cultural reasons.
- Attend a webinar presented by generationOn to support you in activating on Family Volunteer Day.
- Spread the call for the Daily Points of Light Award for family nominations. If a family in your network is recognized, you may be offered additional funds to present the Daily Point of Light award as part of your Family Volunteer Day festivities.
- Share the service project's story on the Family Volunteer Day microsite, and inspire other families to do service together.
- Complete a post-grant report, including 5 photos from the event. Both the report and photos will be due by December 4th, 2016.
- Applicants must resident within the 50 United States.