Youth Advisory Council Applications
The application period for the 2012 generationOn National Youth Advisory Council is closed. All applicants have been notified of their status.
Please check back for a complete list of the 2012 Council members on August 1, 2012.
In the mean time, please consider joining the generationOn mailing list to receive updates and news about upcoming opportunities
- Be a middle or high school student (in grades 7-11) in September 2012.
- Be between 13-18 years old in September 2012.
- Be a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
- Be able to commit to a term from September 2012 - June 2014.
- Be available for bi-weekly web meetings with fellow Council members.
- Be able to travel for a special, expense-paid, kick-off leadership training event in NYC (dates August 1 - August 5, 2012).
Thanks to the generous support of The Hasbro Children's Fund, the Youth Advisory Council provides youth from across the country the opportunity to:
- Engage in creative work with a nonprofit organization focused on youth and service.
- Partner with like-minded youth with unique perspectives from around the country.
- Inform generationOn programming while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service.
- Act as a service-learning ambassador in their region by playing a leadership role in engaging youth in service and service-learning.
- The generationOn Youth Advisory Council application will be available online starting Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 10:00am EDT.
- Applications must be received by Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 5:00pm EDT.
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application on or around Friday, April 27, 2012.
- Phone and video interviews may be requested of finalists in mid-April.
- Final notifications will be sent on or around Friday, May 14, 2012.
For questions regarding the generationOn Youth Advisory Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (917) 746-8182.
To read more about the current generationOn Youth Advisory Council, click here.