Up the Volume on Voting
If you're under 18 years old, you're too young to vote. BUT you're not too young to be part of the election.
Elected officials make decisions about issues that directly affect our lives and futures: such as jobs, education and the environment. Tons of people don't vote--47%! That means tons of people don't get their voices heard.
We need to Up the Volume! Empower your community by getting your friends and neighbors registered and ready to vote.
To Up the Volume on Voting:
- Customize the generationOn Up the Volume on Voting Flyer.
- Distribute it to your family members, neighbors, and friends to remind them to vote on Election Day, November 6, 2012.
To customize the flyer call your local Registrar of Voting:
- Get the hours the polls are open.
- Get the locations of the polls.
- Tell people to bring a picture ID to the polls.
- If an agency in town provides transportation to the polls, put in their phone number.
Congress for Kids - get interactive with Election Day and the United States Government
Rock the Vote - find polling places (the places where voting happens), put a register to vote widget on your website, learn all about how elections work.
Scholastic Magazine Election Website - Tons of 2012 election facts and activities for kids.
National Register to Vote Day - Register to vote online and easy ways to promote the day. National Register to Vote Day is 9/25/12.