Hasbro Community Action Hero Award 2013 | Nominations
Nominations are no longer being accepted. Check back in May to meet the awardees!
Hasbro Community Action Heroes!
The Hasbro Community Action Hero Awards recognize youth (ages 5-18) from diverse backgrounds across the nation who have shown an extraordinary commitment to service in their local and/or global community.
Hasbro Children's Fund and generationOn will celebrate five young people between the ages of 5 and 18 for their extraordinary community service and volunteer activities at a special recognition event in New York City and award each winner a $1,000 educational scholarship.
Nominations for the 2013 Hasbro Community Action Hero Award must be received by Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 5:00pm EST.
NOMINEES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be enrolled in school (grade K-12) and age 5-18 at time of nomination
- Be a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia
- Be available to travel on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative) for a special, expense-paid, event in New York City
- Open only to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 5-18 years old and in grades K-12 at the time of nomination. Winner and a parent/guardian must be available to attend the expense-paid recognition event in New York City on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative). A parent/guardian must give consent to participate and accompany the winner to New York City.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to submit a complete nomination. Only fully completed nominations will be considered. GenerationOn accepts no responsibility for incomplete nominations, nominations lost due to technical difficulties, or any other submission in exception to the above instructions.
- By accepting the award, the winner agrees to grant generationOn and Hasbro Inc. permission to publish any photos for promotional purposes. Winners may be publicized in local and national media outlets.
- Must be a registered member of generationOn.org. If you are not a member of generationOn, click on "Join Now" in the upper right-hand corner of this page. Registering is free and easy!
- Recognition by generationOn and Hasbro Children’s Fund
- Travel and lodging for the awardee and one parent or guardian to attend the recognition event on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative) in New York City
- Inclusion is a national press release as well as opportunities for additional local or national media attention
- Educational scholarship in the amount of $1,000 provided by Hasbro Children’s Fund to the awardee
- To recognize the amazing service work performed by youth everywhere, Hasbro will donate a toy or game to Kids in Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.) for every nomination received through the February 20, 3013 submission deadline.
- Nominations for the 2013 Hasbro Community Action Hero Award must be received by Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 5:00pm EST.
- Nominators must be over 13 years of age
- All nominators will be notified of the status of their nominees on or around Friday, March 22, 2013
- Staff phone interviews may be requested of nominees and their parent or guardian
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE:
- Awardees and a parent/guardian must participate in an orientation call prior to the award ceremony (tentatively scheduled for the week of April 8, 2013).
- Awardees and a parent/guardian must be available to travel to the recognition event on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative) in New York City
TRAVEL TO RECOGNITON EVENT:
The travel provided is two (2) coach airfare tickets from the major commercial airport nearest awardee’s primary residence in the US to New York and one (1) standard hotel room (double occupancy) for one (1) night at a hotel selected by generationOn. Ground transportation will be included. In-room or other personal charges at the hotel (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included. Awardee and parent/guardian must be available to travel on the same itinerary. GenerationOn will attempt to accommodate member’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at the sole discretion of generationOn. If, in the sole judgment of generationOn, air travel is not required due to awardee’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel. Travel companion must be the parent or legal guardian of the awardee, unless otherwise permitted by generationOn.
- Please, log in to begin a nomination.
If you are not a member of generationOn, click on "Join Now" in the upper right-hand corner of this page. Registering is free and easy!
Once you are logged in, you will be able to save your progress before submitting.
- Download a flyer to share this information with others.
Please call generationOn toll free at 1-866-269-0510 or email Elizabeth Kaeser: ekaeser@generationOn.org with any questions.