Through service, service-learning and philanthropy education, students are empowered to become agents of positive change in their community, the nation and the world. Learn more about the service-learning process and philanthropy education through the Max M. Fisher Online Institute.
(Note these modules are under construction on our new site, keep checking back in the coming months for their re-post!)
View the interactive learning modules on your own, or show others what service-learning is all about with the group version.
These modules are for an individual learner and provide the option to print a certificate of completion.
- Make Your Mark on the World: An Introduction to Service-Learning
- Igniting the Power of All Kids: The Steps to Service-Learning
This module is designed to show to a group of learners and does NOT include the option to print a certificate of completion.
(Note the modules below are running and fully accessible.)
Take a short quiz after completing each self-paced module to demonstrate your learning and request a certificate of completion.
- A Brief History of Philanthropy
- Defining Philanthropy
- Framework for Democracy
- Magical Service-Learning Projects in Your Classroom
- Maximizing the Learning to Give Website Resources
- Raising Philanthropic Children
- Reasons to Teach Philanthropy
- Reflection in Service
- Service-Learning and the Quality Standards
- Why I Serve