Learning to Give is the world's leading developer of lessons and resources that teach giving and volunteerism, civic engagement, and character through service-learning.
generationOn partners with Learning to Give to support educators, and others working with youth, to incorporate lessons into the service process. Learn more about how to use generationOn and Learning to Give resources together by watching an introductory webinar. Watch here.
Learning to Give offers:
- Over 1,700 free K-12 lesson plans written by teachers and aligned to the Common Core State Standards and the standards of all 50 states.
- Philanthropy-themed resources for teachers, parents, youth workers, and faith-based groups, including literature guides, service project ideas, and articles.
- Free online tutorials about philanthropy and service-learning, background papers, and stories shared by practicing teachers.
- A search engine for lessons related to academic skills, issue-related themes, civic competencies, and academic standards.
- Calendar-based Moments of Service that include campaigns, projects, and lessons.