Your family can help feed hungry Americans by sharing your gift of gardening to provide others with nutritious fresh food
Here's what you're doing:
Growing extra food in your garden to donate to an organization to help feed hungry American families
Here's what you need:
- A plot of land with well-drained soil
- Gardening tools
- Seeds or plants
- Easy accessible water supply and mulch
Here's how you do it!
- Discuss with your children your plan for the garden
- Decide where and what you are going to plant in your garden
- Buy the seeds and plants
- Choose an organization to donate the food to
- Assign roles to each family member in maintaining the garden
Approximately 25 million Americans, including 9.9 million children, have substandard diets or must resort to seeking emergency food because they cannot always afford the food they need.
What was your favorite part of gardening?
Did you learn anything about hungry families in America?
By participating in this project, I take responsibility for its planning and execution, as well as the safety and supervision of young children.